Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Forgive Others (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8276)

bluidkiti 02-02-2016 09:59 AM

Forgive Others

Mark 11:25 'If you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.'

- Unforgiveness and grudges rob us of God's blessing.
- We all carry scars and wounds.
- As we release these things, we can receive healing and forgiveness for ourselves.
- As we extend forgiveness to others, God extends forgiveness to us.

PRAYER: Lord, I forgive those who have hurt me and done harm to me and my family. I choose to walk in forgiveness so that I can enjoy the freedom that it brings. Amen.

Kind Regards
Pastor Andrew & Vanessa Roebert

MajestyJo 02-02-2016 02:48 PM

Needed this today. I haven't called my sister because I didn't want to disrupt her if she is sleeping. She called me when she was in the hospital, but haven't heard from her since she come home. She phoned to tell me she was home and haven't heard anything since. I was sharing today with a friend how my brother-in-law said that they had her covered and she was in ICU and it was for family only. I thought it but didn't say it, "What am I, chopped liver, I am her sister." I realized I still had some resentment, so having to do some more praying. When I got home, I phoned and got the answering machine. I left a message, and found that I had heaved a big sigh when I hung up. God and I have more work to do on this. I did leave a message asking her to call me.

Ii have another resentment and I hate leaving a message at their house. My brother-in-law only give his name in the message as it is his house and no one else lives there. No acknowledge of my sister at all, and it is something that has bothered me for years. They have call display, so I normally don't leave a message because I don't want to hear the message he is giving out that my sister doesn't live there. Maybe I need to pray and ask for the healing of my perception. I know why he does it, he looks at it as his business phone as well as private, but he has been retired for several years. Time to get rid of the old great I am, and make it "We both live here."

Wow! Where did that all come from???

bluidkiti 02-03-2016 09:48 AM

Well now I don't know your brother in law but in our family we females usually have a male member do the message on the answering machine to discourage any scammers, weirdos, etc from bothering the female family members. My hubby did it for his mom on her answering machine. My sister in law still has her husband's voice on her answering machine. He has been passed away for many years now.

I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday! :D