View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 05:51 AM   #26
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 26

Change Me Prayer

Lord,
You are the one I turn to for help in moments of weakness and times of need.
I ask you to turn my weakness into strength, my suffering into compassion, my sorrow into joy, and my pain into comfort for others.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Strength comes from coming to believe in a Higher Power that can help you.

You can't define this Higher Power, but you can see how it helps other alcoholics. You hear them talk about it and you begin to get the idea yourself. You try praying in a quiet time each morning and you begin to feel stronger, as though your prayers were heard. So you gradually come to believe there must be a Power in the world outside yourself, which is stronger than you and to which you can turn for help.

So ............

Am I receiving strength from my faith in a Higher Power?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Living Day by Day

"Life by the mile is a trial; by the inch it's a cinch."
In the past, we got into trouble when we thought we had to have our lives mapped out forever. That just did not work.

We need only deal with the problems and joys of today. If we try to see too far ahead, we lose touch with the reality of the here and now. The Lord lets us know what we need to know when we need to know it.

What seems impossible when looked at in total --writing a book, putting the children through college, abstaining for the rest of our lives -- becomes manageable when worked at step-by-step, day-by-day.

So many of the things we worry about never happen. How much better it is to concentrate our energies on the real demands and challenges of today, insignificant as they may seem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Belonging

There is no more 'aloneness,' with that awful ache, so deep in the heart of every alcoholic that nothing, before, could ever reach it. That ache is gone and never need return again. Now there is a sense of belonging, of being wanted and needed and loved. In return for a bottle and a hangover, we have been given the Keys of the Kingdom.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 312, 3rd Edition

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“A man who has committed a mistake and doesn't correct it is committing another mistake.” ~ Confucius
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: