View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 05:00 AM   #26
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 26

An Inspirational Prayer

Do not look forward to what may happen tomorrow; the same everlasting Father who cares for you today will take care of you tomorrow and every day. Either He will shield you from suffering, or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace, then. Put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations, and say continually: “The Lord is my strength and my shield. My heart has trusted in Him and I am helped. He is not only with me but in me, and I in Him.”

St. Francis de Sales (1567-1622)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

As soon as you can say that you do believe or are willing to believe, you are on your way.

We of agnostic temperament have found that as soon as we were able to lay aside prejudice and express a willingness to believe in a Power greater than ourselves, we commenced to get results, even though it was impossible for any of us to fully define or comprehend that Power, which we call God. Upon this simple cornerstone a wonderfully effective spiritual structure can be built.

So ............

Am I willing to depend on a Power that I cannot fully define or comprehend?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Seeking God’s Presence

It is not a question of searching so much as an inner consciousness of the Divine spirit in your heart. To realize God's presence, you must surrender to His will in the small as well as in the big things of life. This makes God's guidance possible. Some things separate you from God - a false word, a fear-inspired failure, a harsh criticism, a stubborn resentment. These are the things that put a distance between your mind and God. A word of love, a selfless reconciliation, and a kind act of helpfulness - these bring God closer.

I pray that I may think and say and do the things that bring God closer to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seeking

Much to our relief, we discovered we did not need to consider another's conception of God. Our own conception, however inadequate, was sufficient to make the approach and to effect a contact with Him. As soon as we admitted the possible existence of a Creative Intelligence, a Spirit of the Universe underlying the totality of things, we began to be possessed of a new sense of power and direction, provided we took other simple steps. We found that God does not make too hard terms with those who seek Him. To us, the Realm of Spirit is broad, roomy, all inclusive; never exclusive or forbidding to those who earnestly seek. It is open, we believe, to all men.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 46

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Seek God, and you will discover yourself, discover yourself and you will realize your purpose for being in this life." - Author Unknown
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: