View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 04:47 AM   #27
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 27

Cranky Heart Prayer

Dear Lord,
I am so sorry for my cranky heart. I am not sure what is up with me. I am not sad, mad, or anything emotional, but my attitude is definitely sour. I desire to change, but I need Your help! I pray that Your joy and peace would overflow from me. I pray that my heart will be of good cheer and encouragement to others. My cranky heart only leaves everyone irritated and frustrated. My cranky heart strips patience from me and what I do. Please forgive me and help me to change my attitude.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

We have alternatives.

To be doomed to an alcoholic death or to live on a spiritual basis are not always easy alternatives to face. But we have to face the fact that we must find a spiritual basis of life - or else. Lack of power is our dilemma. We have to find a power by which we can live, and it has to be a power greater than ourselves.

So ............

Have I found that power by which I can live?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Life is Change

We don't control which loved ones come into our lives and which ones go or whether we become ill or stay healthy. We don't control life's opportunities. We can control how we choose to respond to these transitions. Whatever happens can be used for growth and we can commit ourselves to use all experiences that way.

I will not try to control change but will choose to use whatever happens for growth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Faith

Actually we were fooling ourselves, for deep down in every man, woman, and child, is the fundamental idea of God. It may be obscured by calamity, by pomp, by worship of other things, but in some form or other it is there. For faith in a Power greater than ourselves, and miraculous demonstrations of that power in human lives, are facts as old as man himself.

We finally saw that faith in some kind of God was a part of our make-up, just as much as the feeling we have for a friend. Sometimes we had to search fearlessly, but He was there. He was as much a fact as we were. We found the Great Reality deep down within us. In the last analysis it is only there that He may be found. It was so with us.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 55

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” ~ Rumi
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: