View Single Post
Old 03-08-2022, 06:00 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 8

Prayer for Strength

Lord, I’m struggling with Life.
My heart is weighed down with anxiety, frustration, anger and fear.
Please help me turn this over to you. I can’t fix it.
I want to trust you to handle it.
Give me the strength to let go and accept the outcome, whatever it may be.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

One thing we learn in A.A. is to take a long view of drinking instead of a short view.

When we were drinking we thought more about the pleasure or release that a drink would give us than we did about the consequences that would result from our taking that drink. Liquor looks good from the short view. When we look in a package store window, we see liquor dressed up in its best wrappings, with fancy labels and decorations. They looked splendid.

So ............

Have I learned that what's inside those beautiful bottles is just plain poison to me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Lies

I lied to impress. I lied to hide my guilt and shame. I lied to cover my mistakes. I lied to bridge the silence. I lied to fantasize. I lied to hurt and destroy. I lied to hide the real me. Then I lied to cover the lies. Then I lied to cover the lies I told to cover the original lies! So it went on. Endless. Exhausting. Meaningless. A part of me always loathed the lies I told. Then I grew to hate myself.

Today, because I understand spirituality to be based on truth, I try not to tell lies. When I do lie, I make an effort to correct myself and apologize. Today lying is painful for me. Today I try to use my mind, imagination and memory for better things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magic

When I couldn't find an easier, softer way, I looked for the person with the magic wand, the one person in AA who could make me all better, right now. This was a frustrating task, and I finally realized that if I wanted this life, I was going to have to do what the others had done. No one made me drink, and no one was going to make me sober. This program is for people who want it, not people who need it.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 315

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Few Quotes

“When in doubt, tell the truth. It will confound your enemies and astound your friends.”~ Mark Twain

“Lying to ourselves is more deeply ingrained than lying to others.”~ Fyodor Dostoyevsky

We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: