View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 09:15 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 8

THE ULTIMATE EXAMPLE

"We see the original and intended shape of our lives there in Him (Jesus Christ)." Romans 8:29 (The Message)

"...Any person capable of enough willingness and honesty to try repeatedly Step Six on all his faults -- without any reservations whatever -- has indeed come a long way spiritually, and is therefore entitled to be called a man who is sincerely trying to grow in the image and likeness of his own Creator. 12&12 p.63, Step Six

For what it's worth: Of course, there was no imitation of Christ during my drinking. Early in sobriety in Alcoholics Anonymous, however, I learned the necessity to grow spiritually or rot in hell as the evil drunk I was. My willingness to try to be Christ-like was weak, but my desire to avoid the fires of hell was strong, so I listened closely to the members of Alcoholics Anonymous. I found how to follow the example of Christ. Their method was the Twelve Steps. Today, I have to practice all Twelve, especially Step Six and Seven to even come close. I fail frequently, so, I ask my Heavenly Father daily for His grace to follow the example of His Son. He loves to assist me in this climb.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: