View Single Post
Old 03-10-2024, 05:54 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 10

All life is an experiment.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

When we take a trip, we might plan it pretty carefully. We have expectations for what we will see, who we will visit, and what we will do. But the real purpose of a trip is to experience what happens while we follow our plans. We leave our routine of controlled and predictable days to enter another space where we will find novelty and the unpredictable. In fact, our whole life, from beginning to end, is a trip.

Once we accept that much of life is outside of our control, we can step aside. We make plans and work toward our highest goals. We take great pleasure in working toward our achievements. At the same time, the substance of life is not in controlling the outcomes but in responding to what happens along the way.

Today, I will be open and respond to what happens while I follow my plans.

Today's reading is from the book Stepping Stones: More Daily Meditations for Men*
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: