View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 09:42 AM   #30
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 29

FROM A LION TO A LAMB

“…Personality change sufficient to bring about recovery from alcoholism has manifested itself among us in many different forms.” Alcoholics Anonymous, Appendices II, Spiritual Experience

“He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart.” Isaiah 40:11

For what it's worth: God punished me enough during my diseased days, so I wanted nothing to do with Him even long into my sober days. One night at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting, I loudly expressed my anger about a picture of the Good Shepherd hanging in the meeting room in a church. Like a menacing lion, I growled they should take it down. Those stubborn drunks did not. So, I showed them…I left the meeting. Many sober years later, I purchased that same picture and it hangs in my home today. The concept of a Good Shepherd holding a wayward, little lamb close to His heart kindles my spirit. I often see myself as the lamb. My Heavenly Father and Alcoholics Anonymous have transformed me from a roaring lion to a tame little lamb. (Well, “tame” may be stretching it.)

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: