View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

Hope for the Heart Part 08 - Faith is the Victory

by Gail Rodgers
Are you overwhelmed by things in your world this morning? Are you fighting despair trying to mend relationships, balance finances and get through trying circumstances? Or, are you living with hope and expectation amid the challenges that surrounds you daily? It’s possible. God says you will overcome as you put your faith in Jesus.

“This is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.” (1 John 5:4& 5)
You can live with hope and expectation. What does that mean, in a practical way, as problems tumble on your path?
Take stock daily of what is going on in your mind. The thoughts that consume you will dictate your attitudes and eventually be displayed in your actions.
Do you really believe that Jesus cares about what concerns you today? Do you believe He has the power, as God’s Son, to help you live with hope right where you are? Is your faith truly in Him?
Thoughts that focus on the truth of God’s Word will strengthen your faith and draw you to rest in His strength and His resources. Thoughts that don’t line up with the Word of God will leave you depending on yourself and lead you to that place of feeling overwhelmed and even despairing.
It really is that simple… not necessarily easy… but simple. Faith in Jesus really is the victory. He is the one who has overcome and He is there to help us rise above all the things that threaten to drag our spirits down.
Check your thoughts right now. Do you believe Jesus is God’s Son who won the victory for you when He died and rose again? Then this promise is yours today.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Phillipians 4:5 & 6)
prayer & reflection

Father God,
Right now I acknowledge that Jesus is your Son. I thank you that He won the victory for me when He died on the cross and rose again. I invite Jesus to come into my life and to help me live in victory. You know the anxious turmoil going on inside my heart and mind. Thank you for Your promise to never leave me and to love me with an everlasting love. Right now I put my trust in Your Son Jesus. Take my worries and my fears and carry them for me. Send Your peace to guard my heart and mind from overwhelming anxiousness. Keep me reminded of Your faithfulness and help me to grow my faith as I trust in Jesus to be my hope and my help! May my life please you in all I do.
In Jesus’ strong name I pray, Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote