View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 02:48 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 11
Prayer of Gratitude

Lord, thank you for the blessings you have bestowed on my life. You have surrounded me with people who always look out for me. You have given me family and friends who bless me every day with kind words and actions. They lift me up in many ways.

Also, thank you, Lord, for keeping me safe. You help me make better choices, and you have provided me with advisors that help me with the difficult decisions. You speak to me in so many ways.

And Lord, I am so grateful to you, for keeping those around me safe and loved. I hope that you provide me with the ability and sense to show them every day how much they matter. I hope that you give me the ability to give to them the same kindness they have provided to me. I am just so grateful for all of your blessings in my life, Lord. I pray that you remind me of just how lucky I am, and that you never allow me to forget to show my gratitude in prayer and returned kind acts.
Amen

~~ Kelli Mahoney

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

We must be careful never to show intolerance or hatred of drinking as an institution. Experience shows that such an attitude is not helpful to anyone. We are not fanatics or intolerant of people who can drink normally. Prospects are relieved when they find we are not witch burners. Temperate drinking is okay, but we alcoholics can't get away with it. And no alcoholic likes to be told about alcohol by anyone who hates it. We shall be of little use if our attitude is one of bitterness or hostility.

So ............

Do I have tolerance for those who can drink normally?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Petty Annoyances

Do not become encumbered by petty annoyances. Never respond to emotional upsets by emotional upset. Try to keep calm in all circumstances. Try not to fight back. Call on the grace of God to calm you when you feel like retaliating. Look to God for the inner strength to drop those resentments that drag you down. If you are burdened by annoyances, you will lose your inward peace and the spirit of God will be shut out. Try to keep peaceful within.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Long View

One thing we learn in A.A. is to take a long view of drinking instead of a short view. When we were drinking we thought more about the pleasure or release that a drink would give us, than we did about the consequences which would result from our taking that drink. Liquor looks good from the short view. When we look in a package store window, we see liquor dressed up in its best wrappings, with fancy labels and decorations. They look swell. But have I learned that what's inside those beautiful bottles is just plain poison to me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“Where humility formerly stood for a forced feeding on humble pie, it now begins to mean the nourishing ingredient that can give us serenity.” ~~ Bill W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote