View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 05:06 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 13

A Prayer for a Heavy Heart

Father, my heart is heavy. I feel like I have to carry the burden alone.
Words like overwhelmed, distraught, exhausted seem to describe where I am.
I am not sure how to let you carry my heavy load, so please show me how.
Take it from me. Let me rest and be refreshed so that my heart won’t be so heavy in the morning.
Amen.

-- Ron Moore

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

For most of us, our spiritual experiences are of the educational variety, and they develop slowly over a period of time. Quite often friends of newcomers are aware of the difference long before they are themselves. They finally realize that they have undergone a profound alteration in their reaction to life and that such a change could hardly have been brought about by themselves alone.

So ............

Is my outlook on life changing for the better?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Character Defects

We are inclined to feel that our problems and difficulties are largely due to circumstances and other people. We see that the root of our difficulty lies in being centered on self. Our egos can take us only so far before we reach a point where continued growth demands that we begin to abandon them. It is a relief to get rid of the anxiety, frustration, and fear that goes with an ego-centered life!

Focusing on our "God" removes our character defects as we become willing to let go of them. Honest awareness is our first task, and this is facilitated by maintaining abstinence from compulsive behavior. As we change, circumstances and relationships improve.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Better Than Gold

As newcomers, many of us have indulged in spiritual intoxication. Like a gaunt prospector, belt drawn in over the last ounce of food, we saw our pick strike gold. Joy at our release from a lifetime of frustration knew no bounds.

The newcomer feels he has struck something better than gold. He may not see at once that he has barely scratched the limitless lode which will pay dividends only if he mines it for the rest of his life and insists on giving away the entire product.

Alcoholics Anonymous, pages 128-129

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” -- David Brinkley
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote