View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

Hope for the Heart Part 12 - Eternity in My Heart

by Gail Rodgers
I’ve said it. I’m sure you have, too. It goes something like this, “I’ll be happy when…”

• we get the new curtains
  • when I finish this course
  • if I get that new job
  • when the kids are in school
  • when I find that special someone
So it goes, with true happiness always just around the next corner. Sound familiar? What is it you are longing for today?
We long for something, in the tomorrow of our lives, that will bring the fulfillment that may be lacking in our today. There is a reason for that.
“God has also set eternity in the hearts of men.” Ecclesiastes 3:11
God created you with eternity in your heart. He created each of us with a longing for the tomorrow of eternity, and only the things of eternity will fill that longing.
What are the things of eternity that we can look for today to fulfill that longing? God’s ways are not complicated. He said we needed to come to Him as children, so that means the explanation for this longing in our hearts must be simple. Eternity for God’s children will be filled with the glory of God. The glory of God is simply who God is. Very simply put, we show who God is as we live our life in a way that reveals His character and as we do we find the fulfillment of eternity in our hearts.
We show who God is as we live like Jesus would.
By loving others. When we encounter difficult or unlovable people, we show God’s character by offering love that we get first from Him. You will be surprised at the joy in your heart when you give God’s love away.
By serving others. Remember when Jesus washed the feet of His disciples, even when He knew within hours Judas would betray Him and Peter would deny Him? When He finished washing, He told them all:
“Happy are you if you do this for one another.” (John 13)
Jesus knew the fulfillment we would find in serving each other. If it’s been awhile since you served someone, just to show who God is, find a way today and see that longing in your heart for eternity met in some small way.
By our character. Living a life of integrity in all things will bring a deep satisfaction to your soul. Lack of integrity always carries an expensive price tag.
prayer & reflection

Father God,
Help me to show a watching world who You are by the way I live. Today let my life declare the glory of God. Help me to live like Jesus would. Let me taste a bit of what Eternity will be like as I allow You to love and serve others through me. As I seek to show who my God is You will fulfill the longing for eternity that You Yourself have put in my heart. Thank you.
In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: