View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 09:06 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 3

Prayer to Gain and Share Wisdom

Lord, there is so much that I don't know, and I ask you to inspire me with a thirst for knowledge. I pray, too, for wisdom and understanding that I may use my knowledge well. I give thanks for many people I have never met whose knowledge and understanding have been passed on to me. I ask that I may benefit from their work and experience and may contribute, in turn, to the well-being of others. Amen.

Into your hands, O Lord, Jesus Christ, my God, I commend my spirit. Bless me and all those who pray in faith of You this day; save us and grant unto us everlasting life. Amen.

Father, I will look for occasions to bring healing, to strengthen and bless others. I purpose to do good every time it is possible. I will not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in the power of my hand to do so. If my enemy is hungry, I will feed him; if he is thirsty, I will give him a drink. In the name of Jesus, I will overcome evil with good. Amen.

Dear Lord, help me to understand that You have a plan for my life, even beyond my farthest dreams. You want me to trust You and to be obedient, to seek Your will first, and then to use my creativity and intelligence to carry it out. ... Help me not to run ahead of You, deciding on my own what is the best action to take without ever seeking Your advice. ... When I realize that we are to be partners, then I understand that the opportunities You provide me will lead to the greatest fulfillment for my life. ... Let me accept joyfully whatever You give me to do, no matter how small. Let my daily actions be Your gospel.

In the name of Jesus I pray.

Amen.

© 1999 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Lord, make me a lover of the truth. Make me careful of my thoughts, and the words I would speak, that I may not think selfishly and speak cruelly, but keep myself holy unto thee. Amen.

Lord, you have watched me grow in my mother’s womb, and I know that you love all that you have made. Help me to transform my difficulties and disabilities into opportunities for growth. Shine the light of your Spirit on me that I may grow as the person you are calling me to be. Inspire me to develop the talents you have given me for the benefit and the service of those people you have placed in my life. May each of us become a blessing for others. Amen.

Imitating Christ

Romans 15:1-8

Dear Father, God of steadfast love,

May the strength you give us be used to bear with the failings of those who are weak, not to please ourselves, but to please our neighbor for his good, to build him up.

In this let us imitate Jesus, your Son, who did not please himself, but lived as it was written of him, "The reproaches of those who reproached you fell on me."

May you, our Father, the God of steadfastness and encouragement, grant us Christians to live in such harmony with one another, in full accord with Jesus Christ, that together we may with one voice glorify you, the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

In the name of Jesus and according to his command. Amen.

Lord, protect me as I strive everyday to draw closer to You! Remind me that I am not alone for You are my help. You are my strong shelter that I know I can trust and rely on. Thank you for never leaving me.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: