View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 14

Morning Prayer of George Washington

Almighty God, and most merciful father, who commanded the children of Israel to offer a daily sacrifice to thee, that thereby they might glorify and praise thee for thy protection both night and day; receive, O Lord, my morning sacrifice which I now offer up to thee. I yield thee humble and hearty thanks that thou has preserved me from the danger of the night past, and brought me to the light of the day, and the comforts thereof, a day which is consecrated to thine own service and for thine own honor.

Let my heart, therefore, Gracious God, be so affected with the glory and majesty of it, that I may not do my own works, but wait on thee, and discharge those weighty duties thou require of me.

And since thou art a God of pure eyes, and will be sanctified in all who draw near to thee, who does not regard the sacrifice of fools, nor hear sinners who tread in thy courts: Pardon, I beseech thee, my sins, remove them from thy presence, as far as the east is from the west, and accept of me for the merits of thy son Jesus Christ, that when I come into thy temple, and compass thine altar, my prayers may come before thee as incense.

And as thou would hear me calling upon thee in my prayers, so give me grace to hear thee calling on me in thy word, that it may be wisdom, righteousness, reconciliation and peace to the saving of the soul in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Grant that I may hear it with reverence, receive it with meekness, mingle it with faith, and that it may accomplish in me, Gracious God, the good work for which thou have sent it.

Bless my family, kindred, friends and country, be our God & guide this day and for ever for his sake, who lay down in the Grave and arose again for us, Jesus Christ our Lord,
Amen.

from the Journal of George Washington
Meditation

[Give me grace to hear your call in your Word.]

For Open Eyes

Lord Jesus, light of the world, open my eyes to notice the magnificence of creation. Open my eyes that I may always value and appreciate all who are part of my life. Open my eyes that I may be quick to notice when people are going through difficulties. Open my eyes so that I share your vision and see truly and deeply, outside of myself. Amen.

Now to him who by his power within us is able to do far more than we ever dare to ask or imagine — to him be glory in the Church through Jesus Christ for ever and ever, Amen.

Dear Lord, it's spring! Your glory is everywhere! The blooms of bulbs long dormant, the songs of returning birds, the caressing warmth of the sun, all of these prove once again that You are trustworthy, that You were there even when everything was cold, dark and silent. You were there, planning greater beauty for us than we had dared to dream. ... When things are at an impasse, help me to realize that "spring" will return to my life, and that You have more gifts in store for me, greater things for me to do. Help me to trust You while I wait, Lord, and while waiting, let me be content to share another's joy.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 1999 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Father, thank you for working within me, giving me an obedient heart, for helping me do what you want. In everything I do, I purpose to stay away from complaining and arguing. I will live a clean, innocent life as a child of God in a dark world. May my life shine out among the inhabitants of this world like a beacon light as I hold out to them the Word of Life. I offer this prayer in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Father, preserve in us a sense of wonder at the marvels of life. May all that we see around us lead us to you. Amen

Dear Father in heaven, our refuge for this day and for each day to come, touch us with the finger of your power. Be our protection and strong defense against all attacks of darkness. Where people look to you out of the darkness, let their eyes grow shining bright with the light from your eyes. Let your light shine within us and around us. Let your light bring your cause to victory, to the final great day of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dealing With Debt

Lord, I need help. My debt is mounting higher and higher; it’s getting out of control. Please show me creative ways to pay it off, and help me to save and spend with wisdom. I ask for the resources to pay down my credit cards, loans, and other debts. Show me where I can cut back on spending so I will have more funds available. Lord, please clean up this mess I’ve created. Reveal to me ways I can learn from this and begin again.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: