View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 13

Prayer to Inspire Others

Lord, I ask you to inspire me to encourage others by what I say and do today. God and Father of all people, never let me look down on others or make anyone feel inferior.

Lord, show me how to live today with genuine concern for others. In expressing my care, may I show people that they are valued, loved and appreciated for who they are. Amen.

Blessing for the Day

Oh God, hold me in the palm of your hand. I pray that you will mold me into what you want me to be. May I joyfully fill the role you have given to me and feel your peace deep in my soul, today and always, Amen.

Dear Lord, today let me consider Your revelation to Your apostle Paul which is recorded in the twelfth verse of the sixth chapter of his letter to the Ephesian church: "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against powers, against world forces of this darkness, against spiritual forces of wickedness in heavenly places." ... Oh Lord, save me from myself! Open my eyes before I become mesmerized by those who would try to lead me astray for their own purposes. ... Help me to realize that Satan often comes disguised as a seducer or temptress, a pretender, a deceiver, or a charming liar. ... Oh Lord, help me to recognize the enemy, lest I be easily taken in. Help me to stand firmly on Your Word and to trust You to put protective angels around me.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord, as I offer you all that is ordinary and everyday in my life, I ask you to give me the power of your Spirit that I may do the ordinary things of life in an extraordinary way. Amen.

“A Prayer Expressing Hope In God”

Father, You are the only source of eternal life to whom I can cling. I am confident that You will be with me to the end of my life here on this earth. I am grateful for the many people who bring me support, encouragement and companionship along the way. They’re a source of great joy as they enrich my life daily. But as I grow older I’m recognizing that nothing stays the same and much of what I came to rely on is no longer available to me. Losses of very dear people are now but a memory. And many things that once captured my attention are but a passing interest as I reflect upon the passing years. I find great comfort as I cling to the words of the 73rd Psalm, “Whom have I in heaven but Thee, and there is none that I desire on earth beside Thee. My flesh and my heart, they may fail but You are the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Thank You for being my all in all. Amen.

For it is by his grace you are saved, through trusting him; it is not your own doing. It is God's gift, not a reward for work done. There is nothing for anyone to boast of. Ephesians 2:8–9, NEB

Lord our God, we know that we are your children, and in this certainty we gather in your presence as a community. Grant us your Spirit, the Spirit who works in us and frees us from the many evils that still torment us. Be with us and let the power of your great grace and mercy be in our hearts so that we may gain the victory and lead joyful lives on earth in spite of our many shortcomings, blunders, and sins. For your grace is great, much greater than all our failings. You are our God and Father, and we want to keep our consciences clear today and always through your grace. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: