For the big Bees that hum
And hide in bells of flowers;
For the winding roads that come
To Evening’s holy door,
May Jesus bring me grateful to his arms,
And guard my innocence for evermore.
Amen.

~ Siegfried Sassoon

Lord Jesus, you promised that when two or three would get together in your name then you would be present with them. May your Spirit lead us to grow more aware of your presence in our livestoday and every day. Amen.

Prayer for Those Who Have Turned Away

Grant, O Lord, peace, love and speedy reconciliation to your people whom You have redeemed with your precious blood. Make your presence known to those who have turned away from You and do not seek You, so that none of them may be lost, but all may be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth, so that everyone, in true love and harmony, O long-suffering Lord, may praise your all holy Name. Amen.

Meditation

[Help me to know what to say to those who do not believe.]

God of love, Father of all, the darkness that covered the earth has given way to the bright dawn of your Word made flesh. Make me and all who confess your holy name people of this light. Make me faithful to your Word that I may bring your life to the waiting world. Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Lord Jesus, you promised that when two or three would get together in your name then you would be present with them. May your Spirit lead us to grow more aware of your presence in our lives today and every day. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for leading us in Your paths of righteousness. Lord, I know as we seek You, You will give us the answers we need so that we might prosper and be in good health. Lord, we need strength and health to be able to serve You and help others. Thank you for prosperity so that we are able to give to help those who are poor and needy. Show us the people we need to help. Give us prayers for the lost, hurting and needy. Prayers just cost us our time. Let us be willing to take the time to pray, to give and to reach out to others. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord, O great and almighty God, we thank you that you have given us the Savior, in whom we can become united and have peace on earth. May he, the Savior, work powerfully among men. May your Spirit come into men's hearts so that they learn to acknowledge you as their leader and their God and to rejoice in their lives, which are intended for eternal life. Bless us through your Word and through all the good you do for us. Constantly renew and strengthen us in faith and in patience through the grace you send us. Remember all the peoples who should become yours in the name of Jesus Christ. May they all confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord, to the honor of God the Father. We praise you for the promise you have given us of a wonderful new day of help for all men. We praise you that you have created all men to recognize their true calling and their way to salvation. Amen.

My Day Is Ending
Evelyn Underhill
Lord,
You have been with me all through this day,
stay with me now.
As the shadows lengthen into darkness
let the noisy world grow quiet,
let its feverish concerns be stilled,
its voices silenced.
In the final moments of this day
remind me of what is Real.

But let me not forget
that you were as present in
the stresses of the day just past
as you are now
in the silence of this night.

You have made me for
day and for night,
for work and for rest,
for both heaven and earth.

Here in this night
let me embrace and not regret
the mysterious beauty of my humanity.
Keep me in the embrace of your Reality through the night,
and the day to come.
Surround me with your silence
and give me the rest that only you can give--
Real peace,
now and forever.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: