View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 09:51 AM   #23
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 23

What a Great Morning

Holy God, thank you for giving me another morning! I am lucky to be alive on your beautiful planet, so full of marvelous things and the beautiful plants and animals and all the people you have created in your image. Fill me with your Holy Spirit, now and all day long, until I go to sleep, because I want to live with you every minute of this day. The time and opportunities I have right now will never return, so help me make the best of it, Lord. And let me remember this one thing: You know what you are doing, whether I can see it or not; so I will try to remember today that you are in charge, that you put me here for a reason and that, by your grace, things will turn out with your triumph and the Kingdom of Heaven, for all those who live by your grace. All praise to you forever, Amen.

As I travel through the rest of my day, may the God of hope fill me with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit I may abound in hope. Amen.

Lord, You are my confidence and will keep my foot from being caught in a trap or hidden danger. I have returned to you and waited for you and I am saved; in quietness and confidence is my strength. In Christ and through faith in him I approach God with freedom and confidence, and I will not throw away my confidence; it will be richly rewarded in the name of Jesus. Amen

Dear Lord, here I am on this day, all starched and scrubbed, and ready to sing Your praises; but how about those days when I feel myself drowning in my unsolvable problems, what then? That's the test of my faith, isn't it -- when the day is bathed in sunlight but my own world has a cloud? ... Help me to remember to turn my concerns over to You, and to praise You anyhow, for You can make my bleakest cloud bearable, and provide light for my path. I know You can; I just forget sometimes. Thank You, Lord.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord God, reveal to me my selfishness if I am receiving much and giving little to satisfy life. May I be grateful and considerate of all those who labor to give me comfort and happiness. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for giving us the opportunity to give to the poor. Give us Your heart for those that are less fortunate than we are. We want to keep a compassionate attitude for those who are suffering in poverty. Lord, use us to share the gospel with the poor, as when they find You, they are then able to rise above their circumstances. Thank you for blessing me financially so that I am able to give generously to the poor and Your works that are spreading the gospel. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Your Love and Your Grace
St. Ignatius of Loyola
Take, O Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding and my will; all that I have and possess. You have given them to me; to you, O Lord, I restore them. All things are yours: Dispose of them according to your will. Give me your love and your grace; for this is enough for me.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: