View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 11:39 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 13

Prayer of Thanks for God's Creation

O Lord God of Israel and God of the nations, you are the only God in heaven above or the earth below. I walk before you with all my heart. I bless your name in the morning when I rise and in the evening when I sleep, and all the day when your creation fills my eye. Bless me to remember you this day. When I see and hear the thousand miracles of your creation, let me see them anew, recalling that you have made them, and no other; that I may live in your presence among the common miracles I take for granted. Through Christ I pray, Amen.

Meditation

[I walk before God.]

May I go in peace, with God and with his other children, and may we love one another as Christ taught us. May I follow the example of good men of old, and may God comfort and help me and all who believe in Him, both in this world and in the world which is to come. Amen.

Health

In the name of Jesus I purpose to serve the LORD my God, and your blessing is on my food and water. You promised to take sickness from the midst of me. I am flooded with new life and vitality — spirit, soul and body. Depression that opposes soundness of mind has to leave me. Spiritual weakness and inferiority has no place in me. I prosper and am in health even as my soul prospers in the precious name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, I need mountaintop experiences - quiet times with You. I need Your inspiration and the in-filling of Your Holy Spirit to give me faith, confidence, strength, inner peace, joy and spiritual power! ... But Lord, my work for You has to be done in the valleys of life - in the "hum-drumness" of my daily chores, doesn't it? Help me to remember my mountaintops as You call me to hoe in Your vineyard, and to keep my joy so that others may see You in me.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.
© 2003 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Almighty God, if I am uncertain, and tremble at the crossroads in doubt of the right way, may I wait and be led by thee, and follow on, even if the way be dark and rough. May I be faithful and have thy presence as thou promised at the end. Amen.

God our Father, the Bible reminds us that your love for each of us is great and that you are faithful for ever, never letting us down or forgetting your promises to us. Inspire us to value friendship and loyalty, that we may be faithful to those who love and trust us. We pray that we may live in such a way that we may make others feel welcome and secure. Show us how to look upon other people in the same generous way that you look upon each of us. Extend our horizons that we may understand better those who are far from us. Amen.

Take all that shall be brought upon thee: and in thy sorrow endure, and in thy humiliation keep patience. For gold and silver are tried in the fire, but acceptable men in the furnace of humiliation. Ecclesiasticus 2:4-5, DRA

Lord our God, we thank you for helping us again and again. Praised be your name for all you do for us and for all your help in many dangers and hardships! We trust you completely and have faith in you through Jesus Christ, the Savior. He reveals your grace everywhere, in every hardship, giving us the courage and freedom to look toward your kingdom. Help us remain courageous when we have to face suffering, for we want to be your disciples in Jesus Christ, the Crucified One. He has made suffering holy, that our suffering too may bear fruit for you in time and in eternity. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Please help me find joy so I may be able to share this joy with others.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: