View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 11:03 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Walking Through the Fear

Walking Through the Fear

2 Corinthians 5:7: “For we walk by faith, not by sight–” (KJV).

When I made the decision to face my burnout-prone lifestyle and get well, I was filled with fear. Initially, I was afraid to admit my need to see a counselor. Then, I was afraid to tell my husband. Next, I was uneasy about leaving the business I helped start, fearful I would not make enough money. I was nervous about turning down clients, afraid I would no longer be of value to my family, society or God. I was anxious about discovering the reasons I became “enslaved by work.” I was alarmed I might never recover from burnout, that I would not retrieve the “me” I lost. I was afraid I would be labeled selfish if I stopped helping or fixing others’ problems. And when my life started to change for the better, I was apprehensive it might all blow up. Through it all, I feared I might never “feel” again.

Then little by little my fear gave way to faith. And I just kept walking. Step by step I walked not around, over or under the fear, but through it. I began to experience what the apostle Paul meant by the words: “Walk by faith, not by sight.”

Lord, sometimes I’m still afraid.

Please walk with me through the uncertainty and dread.

Joan C. Webb
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links