Prayer for Peace

God of mercy and compassion,
of grace and reconciliation,
pour your power upon all your children:
Jews, Muslims and Christians.
Let hatred be turned into love, fear to trust, despair to hope,
oppression to freedom, occupation to liberation,
that violent encounters may be replaced by loving embraces,
and peace and justice could be experienced by all.

~ Reverend Said Ailabouni

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Before alcoholics come into A.A., they are "flying blind."

But A.A. gives them a directed beam in the A.A. program. As long as they keep on this beam, the signal of sobriety keeps coming through. If they have a slip, the signal is broken. If they swing off course into drunkenness, the signal stops. Unless they regain the A.A. directed beam, they are in danger of crashing against the mountain peak of despair.

So ............
Am I on the beam?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Listening

We hate being told what to think. We like to make up our own minds. It helps to talk things out with another person who listens to us. Someone who cares what we think.

We can give this respect to others. We can listen to their point of view. We can try to understand them and care about what they think.

When we do this, others start to care what we think too. We share ideas. The ideas get a little clearer. They change a little. We get a little closer to agreement. We both feel good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Acceptance

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today.
When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation -- some fact of my life -- unacceptable to me,
and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment.
Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God's world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober;
unless I accept life on life's terms, I cannot be happy.
I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and my attitude.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 417

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“One of the best ways to persuade others is with your ears---by listening to them.” ~ Dean Rusk
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: