Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2018, 01:02 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Testing God

Quote:
Romans 12:2 NIV
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is -- his good, pleasing and perfect will.
So many times, we say God is testing us when things get tough. Like this Bible verse, I think it is more about me testing God.

I remember having to speak to a group of newcomers in a treatment center. I had a migraine all day and although it had eased some what, the aura was there and I didn't feel completely in the moment.

On my way over to the house, I said, "OK Big Guy, this one is yours. I am not feeling up to this. When I got there, the chair person opened the meeting with the Serenity Prayer. She qualified for being there and then said, "Since we have people from different fellowships, we won't have any format and our speaker is JoAnne K. This meeting lasts an hour. I thought, "How are we going to do this." I said the AA Third Step Prayer, and WE talked for an hour and had a question and answer period for 20 min. after. I didn't remember a lot of what I said, but I kept thinking on the way home what I didn't say and thinking I should have said.

That is the Ego, the migraine had gone, but the Self was still left behind. So I had to say a Seventh Step Prayer, asking my God's forgiveness.

God Bless. I wish you another 24 Hours.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply