Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2013, 09:27 AM   #29
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 29

Prayer of St. Ephraim the Syrian (350 A.D.)

O Lord and Master of my life, this day and during the week to come, give me not the spirit of laziness, despair, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of sobriety, humility, patience and love to Thy servant.

Yea, O Lord and King, grant me to see my own transgressions and not to judge my brother, for blessed art Thou unto ages of ages. Amen.

Have mercy on me, Oh Lord, for I am a humble and miserable sinner. [At this point, pause to remember specific sins you have committed during the week and speak or think them.] I renounce all of these sins, heavenly Father, and repent of them, and I promise to make every effort not to repeat them.

Have mercy on me, pardon me for these offences and any I might have omitted from forgetfulness or ignorance; in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, I pray for forgiveness. And I pray that your Holy Spirit may dwell with me today and throughout the coming week, to comfort me, to give me strength against temptation, and to guide me into the path of righteousness. Amen.

Finally, let me go forth in thanks for the victory I have been given through our Lord Jesus Christ. May I be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, and always remembering that in the Lord our labor is not in vain. Amen.

Eternal God, guard me against the love of praise, that I may not lose the sense of duty. Start me for the right places and give me strength with my days, that I may press toward their possession. Deliver me from drifting when it is mine to pull against the tide, that I may not be carried out of my course. Shield me from the storms that may gather about me, and bring us all to the desired haven safe in thy keeping. Amen.

Dear Lord Jesus, what gift can I give You, for You have everything? ... If You want to bring me into union with You, then I must heed Your words - I must deny myself, and take up my cross, and follow You. I must realize that Your words run counter to the world's "Do your own thing." ... What can I give You? I can give myself, my right to independence, so that I can become Your person. ... Oh Lord, this New Year help me to love You enough to give You me - all of me.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord, inspire us to be credible witnesses of your love, and good shepherds towards those you have entrusted to our care. Amen.

Encouragement and Comfort

Colossians 4:7-11

Dear Father,

Give us caring hearts when it comes to our fellow servants in Christ. May we carry the news of them to each other for the sake of building each other up.

Stir us up to work hard for the kingdom of God and to encourage each other in all facets of our labor.

Show us ways that we can encourage each other in our struggles and comfort each other in our sufferings.

In the name of Jesus I ask. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the strength we have in You, so that we are able to do all things that You ask us to do. Lord, may we grow in the character of God, so that we are fruitful in the things of God. Lord, I thank You for Your guidance, so that we will make the right choices today, in order to avoid those things that would cause us to have future problems. I also thank You for daily provision, as well as provision for the future. Give me wisdom, so that I may take care of the things today that will bring me future security and blessing. I do appreciate Your promises and I know that You will never forsake me, nor leave me. Thank You for that. I pray in the precious name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Father, I ask you to help me be strong. I want to forgive those who have done me wrong and live a life of happiness. I ask for the strength as forgivness can be difficult when hurt feelings start to surface.

May We Feel Compassion

May each of us find our true path and learn from our mistakes (karma) and accept each other's evolutionary pathway and not feel, show, or express disapproval with the choices the other makes.

May we feel compassion instead of hatred, love instead of anger, and an acceptance not only of others but of ourselves as well. May each of us do all of the above in a mindful way.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply