Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-24-2023, 07:50 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Daily Spiritual Meditations - October 25

Standing Firm - Belt of Truth 25 by SGLY Ministry

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life.
No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Jesus is the Way, Truth and Life. Jesus is the Belt of Truth.

John 1:17 says: For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

As we put on the Armor daily we are putting on Christ, we are walking in the salvation He provided for us, covered in His righteousness and standing in Him who is truth. We are secure for the enemy cannot deceive us if we are wearing truth. He can try, and he will, but if the Belt of Truth is securely around us we will be able to recognize falsehood and deception to refute it.

Prayer: Dear Lord, I pray as David prayed, “Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day.” Psalm 25:5. As I wear Your Armor lead me Lord, and teach me how to walk according to Your will for me, for You are my God, God of my salvation, You are the Way, the Truth and the Life, on You I depend each day. Thank You Lord, for Your protection, peace and provision to me and to all those who are covered You. Amen.

Today: As you wear the Armor, give thanks that you are covered by Christ. Securely walk in truth today, confident that the Belt of Truth, who is Christ, will keep you from being deceived by the enemy’s lies. For, “The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth.” Psalm 145:18
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2023, 07:51 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Lord knows how to rescue

2 Peter 2:9 ‘So you see, the Lord knows how to rescue godly people from their trials…’

- The most important thing for us to remember is the fact that the Lord knows!
- Not only does He know what we face, but He also has the power to rescue us.
- Trials are a reality, but so too is His knowledge and power to deliver.
- So believe in your faithful Lord and in His unlimited power to save.

PRAYER: Lord, today I recognize that You are with me. This knowledge gives me the power to be able to trust You and to know that Your knowledge also means Your power is active in my situation. Amen.

Kind Regards
Pastor Andrew Roebert
Old 10-24-2023, 07:51 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

God is a rock. What He does is perfect

Deuteronomy 32:4 'He is a rock. What He does is perfect. All His ways are fair. He is a faithful God, who does no wrong. He is honorable and reliable.'

- As His children, we have a rock and a sure foundation to build our lives on.
- He is perfect in all of His ways, even if we do not understand His ways.
- He is your true and eternally faithful God.
- Let us stand secure on the Rock - our faithful Heavenly Father.

PRAYER: Lord, I choose to stand on You and on Your promises. I can depend on You because You are my faithful, reliable and trustworthy rock. Amen.

Kind Regards
Pastor Andrew & Vanessa Roebert
Old 10-24-2023, 07:51 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

Live in a way that pleases God

1 Thessalonians 4:1 'Live in a way that pleases God.'

- The way in which we live our lives can bring honor and praise to the Lord.
- Our daily walk of life should be something that honors Him.
- It starts with each decision we take and each choice of attitude we make.
- Be determined to live in such a way, that all you do, pleases Him.

PRAYER: Lord, I pray that my life would be a fragrant offering to You. You see my every choice and decision, and I choose to live a life that brings You praise and glory. Amen.

Kind Regards
Pastor Andrew Roebert
Old 10-24-2023, 07:51 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

A New Day eDevotional

A Cold Turnip and Mud

James 1:17, “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.”

Frederick Buechner, in his book The Sacred Journey (HarperOne, 1991), said that one winter he sat in wet army fatigues somewhere near Anniston, Alabama, eating his supper out of a mess kit. The infantry battalion to which he had been assigned was on bivouac. “There was a cold drizzle of rain, and everything was mud. The sun had gone down,” Beuchner said. “I was still hungry when I finished and noticed that a man nearby had left something that he was not going to eat. It was a turnip. When I asked him if I could have it, he tossed it over to me. I missed the catch, and the turnip fell to the ground, but I wanted it so badly that I picked it up and started eating it, mud and all. Time deepened and slowed down. With a lurch of the heart, I saw suddenly that not only was the turnip good, but the mud was good too, even the drizzle and cold were good, even the Army that I had dreaded for months was good. Sitting there in the Alabama winter with my mouth full of cold turnip and mud, I could see at least for a moment how if you ever took truly to heart the ultimate goodness and joy of things, even at their bleakest, the need to praise someone or something for it would be so great that you might even have to go out and speak of it to the birds of the air.” A cold turnip and mud. Not much to praise God for? Or are they? To Buechner, his menu that evening might as well have been prime rib. It was not what had been on his plate (or in the mud, for that matter), but what was in his heart—a heart of thanksgiving and praise to the One who had graciously provided for him.

Take inventory, my friend, of all you have been blessed with. There are so many far less fortunate than we. It is imperative, therefore, to always maintain a mind set of thanksgiving for all gifts that God has given. May that giving of thanks begin now, with the gratitude we should express, for this and each new day.
Old 10-24-2023, 07:51 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

A Bible Devotion

Keep Your Heart With All Diligence

PROVERBS 4:23 NKJ 23 Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life.

You have probably heard the saying concerning computers, "Input equals output." Or, the more popular term, "Garbage in, garbage out."

That does not apply to just computers, but also to human beings. If what we feed in is bad, we cannot expect the results to be good.

Today we are constantly bombarded with messages on every side. Everyone wants to influence us to do something -- usually to buy their product or service.

Distraction is a major problem we face. Because of the information overload we must deal with, it is easy to be distracted from what is most important: God's Word.

It is not so much that the information we are feeding into our hearts and minds is necessarily bad, just that it can easily crowd out what is most important from our lives.

PROVERBS 4:20-22 NKJ 20 My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings. 21 Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart; 22 For they are life to those who find them, And health to all their flesh.

God's Word is not just another message, but something with life in it. Just because your senses are not aware of the life emanating from God's Word is no proof. God's Word radiates life.

HEBREWS 4:12 BBE 12 For the word of God is living and full of power, and is sharper than any two-edged sword, cutting through and making a division even of the soul and the spirit, the bones and the muscles, and quick to see the thoughts and purposes of the heart.

God is our Source of existence. In His Word is a deposit of life from Him which we require to live and operate optimally.

SAY THIS: I will keep my heart with all diligence. I will feed in the Word of God which gives life.
Post New ThreadReply