Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Lounge > Inspirations, Poetry, Quotes, Thoughts, Etc
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Inspirations, Poetry, Quotes, Thoughts, Etc A place for you to express yourself. Share inspirations, poetry, quotes, writings etc. here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2016, 03:07 PM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
What do the recovery symbols mean?

The Camel- A figure of perserverance that shows us how to walk through the day with our head held high, and stay for this day completely dry.

Unity Symbol - A mark of wholeness in recovery through unity, recovery, and service.

Sailboat - A reminder that we can't control the direction of the wind, but we can always adjust our sails.

Amethyst - Once believed to ward off the effects of alcohol, the name of this symbol means "not drunken" in Greek

Butterfly - an image of rebirth and the light and beauty that can emerge from a cacoon of darkness and isolation.

Originally posted by BW on another site, hope she doesn't mind me sharing her post here.
Thank you for sharing this. I was given a camel with a rhinestone in it's eye early in recovery. I was told it meant that you could go long periods of time without drinking. I like your definition too.

In D. J. Conway's book, butterfly's attributes are: Reincarnation, beauty, love. Transformation of the personality and life. Understanding wher eyou are in the cycle of your life and using it to the fullest. Divination concedrning future events that have a bearing on your cycle of life and rebirth.

JaneAnn Dow says that Amythests develop intuition and aid meditation. She says she uses it for people who are new to spirituality and are just opening up to new awareness. I carried one for years in early recovery.

I just realized I had them reversed. The ABCs of recovery, I have posted as the CBAs.

Posted in 2010

Don't remember seeing the sailboat used in Canada. The Amethyst is suppose to help prevent over indulging. It is also spiritual in nature.

http://www.crystalvaults.com/crystal...pedia/amethyst

The butterfly was a big symbol for me, every time I saw one up close, all through my recovery, there has been a big change within me, new awareness, change of outlook, spiritual enlightenment and experiences, and just a feeling of joy when I saw one. It was the monarch that symbolized transformation for me, but I do enoy the little yellow and white ones I see. They remind me to be grateful and to be open to God's many gracious gifts.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply