Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-01-2023, 06:03 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - October

October 1

Psalm 84:11a – For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory.

John 15:5 'I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in Me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from Me you can do nothing.'

Though you have not seen [the resurrected Lord Jesus], you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls. —1 Peter 1:8-9

1 Chronicles 16:34 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble. Psalm 119:165
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2023, 05:41 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 2

For [the Father] has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves. —Colossians 1:13

When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. — James 1:13-14

Titus 1:7-9 Since an overseer is entrusted with God's work, he must be blameless -- not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain. Rather he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined. He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.

Luke 6:35 35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

Matthew 5:11-12 ““Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.”

I waited patiently for the LORD to help me, and He turned to me and heard my cry. Psalms 40:1
Old 10-03-2023, 05:33 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 3

Psalm 5:11 – But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

Psalm 5:8a – Lead me in the right path, O Lord.

“Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.” Ephesians 4:29

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. — Hebrews 10:23

2 John 1:6 6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! Galatians 5:22-23

Proverbs 29:25 “Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe.”
Old 10-04-2023, 06:51 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 4

Romans 5:6 – When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners.

1 Corinthians 16:13 – Keep alert, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong.

Proverbs 19:15 – Laziness brings on deep sleep, and the shiftless man goes hungry.

2 Corinthians 9:6-15 6 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. 7 Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 9 As it is written: “They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor; their righteousness endures forever.” 10 Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. 11 You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. 12 This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of the Lord’s people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. 13 Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else. 14 And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you. 15 Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!

Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. — Proverbs 12:18

Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy. Proverbs 28:13
Old 10-05-2023, 05:42 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 5

"...but those who wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31)

Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. — Psalm 1:1

Mark 8:34-35 Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it."

Proverbs 27:1 “Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.”
Old 10-06-2023, 07:09 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 6

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. Romans 8:26

Philippians 4:11 – Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

Psalm 29:11 11 The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.

Isaiah 55:6 “Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near.”

Psalms 89:8 8 Who is like you, Lord God Almighty? You, Lord, are mighty, and your faithfulness surrounds you.
Old 10-07-2023, 05:28 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 7

1 John 4:9-10 – This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

Romans 5:1-2 – Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.

“If you are risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sits on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.” – Colossians 3:1-2

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 26:4 “Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal.”
Old 10-08-2023, 08:52 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 8

Romans 15:13 – May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Isaiah 26:4 – Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.

The Lord detests lying lips, but he delights in men who are truthful. — Proverbs 12:22

Philippians 2:1-4 If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
Old 10-09-2023, 03:35 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 9

Hebrews 13:5-6a,8 – Don't love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, "I will never fail you. I will never abandon you." So we can say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear." Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Psalm 57:10 For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.

Isaiah 43:11-12 “I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed— I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “that I am God.”

For God is not unjust. He will not forget how hard you have worked for Him and how you have shown your love to Him by caring for other believers, as you still do. Hebrews 6:10
Old 10-10-2023, 07:01 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 10

He will not let your foot slip—he who watches over you will not slumber. Psalm 121:3

Jesus used similar words when teaching the disciples; "For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for Me will find it" (Matthew 16:25).

Psalm 91:4 – He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge.

Psalm 44:8 – In God we have boasted continually, and we will give thanks to your name forever.

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God. (Romans 8:26-28)

It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. — Psalm 118:8

Jeremiah 32:17 "Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you."

Deuteronomy 13:4 “It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him.”

Lead me by Your truth and teach me, for You are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in You. Psalms 25:5
Old 10-11-2023, 06:37 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 11

Leviticus 19:18 18 “‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Hebrews 12:28-29 28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, 29 for our “God is a consuming fire.”

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. — Colossians 3:16

1 Peter 4:10 10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.

Proverbs 19:20-21 “Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.”
Old 10-12-2023, 06:47 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 12

Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord does not count against him and in whose spirit is no deceit. — Psalm 32:2

Psalm 62:1 Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him.

Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:5

Galatians 5:22-23a – But the fruit that the Spirit produces in a person's life is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. —John 10:11

John 14:21 NIV "Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."
Old 10-13-2023, 06:03 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 13

Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one. — Matthew 5:37

Matthew 7:24-27 "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."

2 Samuel 22:31-33 31 “As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him. 32 For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? 33 It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure.

Psalm 18:1-2 1 I love you, Lord, my strength. 2 The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God. May Your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing. Psalms 143:10

“Be still and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46:10)

“He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” (Micah 6:8)

“Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.” (Philippians 4:5)
Old 10-14-2023, 05:10 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 14

Isaiah 26:4 4 Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.

Your word is like a lamp for my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:29-30

Matthew 18:2-5 – He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.

Isaiah 55:8 – "My thoughts," says the Lord, "are not like yours, and my ways are different from yours."

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. — Matthew 5:4
Old 10-15-2023, 07:02 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 15

Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7

Psalm 119:105 – Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

Proverbs 3:6 – In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

Romans 6:11 – In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 29:11 – The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.

Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation -- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life -- of whom shall I be afraid?

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Philippians 4:6

Romans 12:2 “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
Post New ThreadReply