Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2014, 12:56 PM   #26
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 25

A Puritan Prayer

Almighty God, as I cross the threshold of this day I commit myself, soul, body, affairs, friends, to Your care. Watch over, keep, guide, direct, sanctify, bless me. Incline my heart to Your ways. Mold me completely into the image of Jesus, as a potter forms clay.

May my lips be a well-tuned harp to sound Your praise. Let those around see me living by Your Spirit, trampling the world underfoot, unconformed to lying vanities, transformed by a renewed mind, clothed in the entire armour of God, shining as a never-dimmed light, showing holiness in all my doings. Let no evil this day soil my thoughts, words, and hands.

May I travel swampy paths with a life pure from spot or stain. In every transaction let my affection be in heaven, and my love soar upwards in flames of fire, my gaze fixed on unseen things, my eyes open to the emptiness, fragility, mockery of earth and its vanities. May I view all things in the mirror of eternity, waiting for the coming of my Lord, listening for the last trumpet call, hastening unto the new heaven and earth.

Order this day all my communications according to Your wisdom, and to the gain of mutual good. Forbid that I should not be profited or made profitable. May I speak each word as if my last word, and walk each step as my final one. If my life should end today, let this be my best day. This I pray in the name of Christ, my Lord and Savior,
Amen.

From a Massachusetts manuscript @ 1705, author unknown.
Meditation

[Let those around see me living by Your Spirit.]

For Understanding Truth

Lord God, let me not put my trust in the words of men, for their minds are weak and their tongues are tainted by the world; but let me test everything having to do with faith against our only true teacher, Jesus Christ, and the true Word of God that He inspired the apostles to write in the Bible. Amen.

Parting Prayer

O good shepherd, seek me out, and bring me home to your fold again. Deal favourably with me according to your good pleasure, until I may dwell in your house all the days of my life, and praise you forever and ever with them that are there. Amen. from a prayer of St. Jerome, 408 A.D.

Dear Lord, Help me not to look at the magnitude of my problems, but rather at the MAGNITUDE of my God. For You, oh Lord, are able. ... Satan will tempt me to see only my circumstances in order to defeat me; he will mock Your words to enlarge my doubts. ... But my victory will depend upon my keeping my eyes on Your greatness and Your ability, for You are indeed able! ... Satan cannot win unless I choose to go over to his side, for the choice is mine, isn't it? ... Oh Lord, when I cannot see the way ahead, remind me that my faith is in You, and that You know the way. You will be with me as I take one step at a time, for Your will will never take me beyond where Your amazing grace can sustain me! ... Help me, Lord, to trust You completely, for I am often weak and fearful.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.
© 1999 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Almighty God, grant that I may never succumb to the controlling influences of the body, and lose the power of my mind. May I guard the dictates of my heart and keep my mind in command to obey thy will. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I am grateful for Your love and mercy in my life. I thank You that You were patient with me when I failed and lost my temper in times past. I am grateful that I have now been delivered from resentment and an unrestrained temper. May I be gracious to those who are still having problems in this area. Lord, deliver all of Your people from lying and anger so that we can truly love one another. Give us Your love for one another, so that the world will see us walking hand in hand. May they know and believe that You are real. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord our God, merciful God and almighty Father in heaven, we beseech you, look upon us as your children. For in spite of everything, all of us are allowed to be your children and to praise you for all the good you are doing and for all you still want to do for us. Hear our prayer as we come to you with particular concerns, asking for your will to be done in us, for everything to be carried out according to your good purpose, that we may be joyful even in hard and serious times and may hold fast to what you have promised. Amen.

“A Prayer For God’s Protection”

Father, like a nurturing eagle, You cover us with Your feathers so that we find refuge under Your protective wings. As we live in daily communion with You we are protected from the snare of the enemy. Therefore we need not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day. Because we have made the Lord Most High our dwelling You have commanded the angels to guard us in all our ways. You will be with us in trouble, You will deliver us and honor us. What greater blessing could we want than to know we are under Your protective, loving care. Thank You, Father, for being all that we need here and now, and providing for our hereafter. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply