Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-01-2014, 02:54 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Christ Notes and More for October

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre; But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate; Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

Titus 1:7-9 (Read all of Titus 1)
King James Version

We are rushing the season a little bit, but there is certainly snow, somewhere in the world. The thought that came to my mind was, "We will make it together." My second thought was, "Never fear, God is near, so you can't go to far wrong with that. My last thought was, "Isn't it good that we have each other?"

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2014, 03:59 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thursday, October 2, 2014

There is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known. Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.

Luke 12:2-3 (Read all of Luke 12)
King James Version

Looking at this, the thought and words that came to mind were "Picking the spiritual food from The Tree of Life". I got the words then had to Google it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tree_of_life

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-03-2014, 01:40 AM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Friday, October 3, 2014

[Your] adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

1 Peter 3:3-4 (Read all of 1 Peter 3)
King James Version

Anger and resentment are two of the #1 reason for relapse of any substance. How many times did we pick up and said, "I'll show them!" Be it a drink, a piece of chocolate cake, or took off to work and ignored him. I thought it ironic that Bible Tools didn't have a Bible verse under these names, I could have found them under sin and temptation, but that is not how I choose to look at them.

For me, the solution is prayer. I was told to pray for the person I was angry at and was resentful of, and I found I got better in about two weeks, if I kept it up.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-04-2014, 04:43 AM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Saturday, October 4, 2014

And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

Mark 8:34-35 (Read all of Mark 8)
King James Version

The dog stands for loyalty. No matter what the girl does or how she treats him, he will treat her with love and will never harm her or allow harm to come to harm. Sounds like someone we know?

http://www.whats-your-sign.com/dog-m...symbolism.html

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-05-2014, 01:59 AM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy. Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

Psalm 82:3-4 (Read all of Psalm 82)
King James Version

Sometimes those poor and needy are in our own back yard or just across the street.

Quote:
Romans 12:9
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

Romans 13:10
Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

From Bible Study Tools
My thoughts were love is unconditional. I don't think the cat is as willing as the little girl, but willing to endure being held because he does care. For me, it is a precious moment, has nothing to do with evil or law, it just is.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-06-2014, 10:41 PM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Monday, October 6, 2014

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6 (Read all of Isaiah 9)
King James Version

The freedom of recovery is awesome. It is priceless and hard to put into words.

Freedom active addiction and freedom to be yourself, the way your God meant for you to be.

Quote:
1 Peter 1:21
Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-07-2014, 01:26 PM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

Philippians 2:1-4 (Read all of Philippians 2)
King James Version

Proverbs 18:22
He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:42 AM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

For thy mercy is great unto the heavens, and thy truth unto the clouds.

Psalm 57:10 (Read all of Psalm 57)
King James Version

Quote:
Proverbs 22:6
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.
The moment you believe that love is not about losing or winning. It is just a few moments in time, followed by an eternity of situations to grow from. Just a few caring moments in a day that a special because they are shared.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:40 AM   #9
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee.
Jeremiah 32:17 (Read all of Jeremiah 32)
King James Version

Teaching responsibility, not false responsibility but true responsiblity, everyone has to do their part, not one person responsible for all.

We can do, what I can't do alone!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-10-2014, 02:43 AM   #10
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Friday, October 10, 2014

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Romans 8:6-8 (Read all of Romans 8)
King James Version

To be ever vigilant. Know that we are vulnerable, and it is important to open ourselves up to take risks and stretch our boundaries, but we need not set ourselves up for failure and hurts we experiences of our past, we are not alone and we don't have to go through those same experiences the same way again.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-11-2014, 12:46 PM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Saturday, October 11, 2014

And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation: And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Daniel 4:34-35 (Read all of Daniel 4)
King James Version

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:41 AM   #12
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Matthew 7:24-27 (Read all of Matthew 7)
King James Version

Whenever I see this picture, I think of control issues. Control is an illusion.

Quote:
1 John 3:18
Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.

Quote:
1 Corinthians 2:12
We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-13-2014, 05:02 AM   #13
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Monday, October 13, 2014

As he came forth of his mother's womb, naked shall he return to go as he came, and shall take nothing of his labour, which he may carry away in his hand.

Ecclesiastes 5:15 (Read all of Ecclesiastes 5)
King James Version

When we get caught up in things we feel fear, and we have a choice. Feel the fear and do it anyway or feel the fear and run. We can get caught up in the high of the rush and the adrenaline of the chase and the excitement of getting away with it. This is how young offenders use to share with me. It wasn't so much the stealing, it was the rush of the chase, especially, the not getting caught. The once getting caught, didn't make up for all the times they didn't get caught. It was that high they were looking for. They didn't know the natural highs of life. They didn't know they you didn't have to be pumped up on drugs in order to obtain it.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:23 PM   #14
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 27:1 (Read all of Psalm 27)
King James Version

HUGS NOT DRUGS!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Old 10-15-2014, 10:03 PM   #15
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time.

1 Peter 5:6 (Read all of 1 Peter 5)
King James Version

Any day the sun shines is a good day. I love sun flowers, they brighten the spirit and lighten our day, we can learn from them. Lift our face to the sun and except it's healing power.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply