Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > 12 Steps and 12 Traditions

Share This Forum!  

12 Steps and 12 Traditions Information and Discussions related to the 12 Steps and The 12 Traditions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-11-2018, 07:57 PM   #826
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I am working on my acceptance. I didn't do a very good job of self-care today. I read until my hurt, put the book down went and got something to eat, and urned on the TV while I ate. Picked up the book, did walk about a couple of times to fill my water glass. Once in a while I would come on the computer to play Bejeweled 3. I did post the readings for today, I think that was it.

So I have to accept the fact that I had a do nothing day, and not beat myself up for doing it.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2018, 09:34 AM   #827
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will practice self-care. I have been hurting the last two days, so need to stay off my computer. Again, it is about self-acceptance of what is in the moment, knowing it is subject to change, if I take the Steps to change. I am aware of the pain, I acknowledge it instead of ignoring it or stuffing it, I have to accept my part in what triggered the pain, and I need to change my attitude in order to take action.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:58 AM   #828
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I am going to try not to be Ms. Grumpy and remember to smile. I will try to go back to sleep and wake up to a new day not feeling depressed. I think it is the winter time blues. Maybe I can wake up and feel like going downtown.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:17 AM   #829
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will surrender my day to my God. Surrender doesn't mean giving up, it means giving over. Haven't been to my bed because I have been in a lot of pain. We will see what the day brings.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-15-2018, 02:50 AM   #830
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will turn my day over to my Higher Power. Things will unfold as they should and it is not my job to make it happen.

I need to do my part and leave the rest up to my Higher Power.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:16 AM   #831
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, we are still in needing patience mode. Yesterday I had to wait for Darts, and today I will be traveling by taxi and bus. I have to go to my chiropractor's and he will need patience with me because I am about 10 days later than the day he wanted to see me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-17-2018, 09:22 AM   #832
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I am going to take myself out of my apartment. I am not sure if it is winter time blues, depression, or just self-care, taking it easy while on antibiotics. Enough, is enough. The sun looks like it wants to shine, so going to go and catch me some rays.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:17 PM   #833
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will try to organize my day so I have time and energy to do what needs to be done. I will remember first things first, and stay in today, live in the moment, and things will unfold as they should, not as my self-centered Self would have it be.

I pray that I can stay away from the games I play, and not sit at the computer too long.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-19-2018, 11:58 AM   #834
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will take care of myself. My son says it is calling for lots and lots of rain. I told him my body had told me it was coming. When the barometer changes, whether it moves up or down, my body feels the need to inform my by hurting to the bone. That means to take care of myself. Eat properly, rest, and not push myself physically.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:20 AM   #835
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will try to make an effort to connect with someone. I have already said hello to my neighbour and the lady who is the hostess of the Common Room for the Tenant Committee.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:37 AM   #836
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will pray for patience again. Yesterday I was talking to a friend downstairs and she said, "That wouldn't work for you." She was referring to something that requires patience, and she knew I have it in short supply. I said to her, "I have more patience for others than I have for myself. Today the elevator is closed because of repairs until 3 p.m. and I hope it is earlier, not later than that. I want to go out to my chiropractor's appointment.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:17 PM   #838
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will try to finish my postings. It is food for my soul. The day wasn't very spiritual in nature, although I did see one person from the program at the mall. It is a regular there, seldom does he miss.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:45 AM   #839
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, i will practice self-care. It is important that I make my NA home group tonight and I can't allow myself to sabotage me getting there. I feel like I have a fever and my body feels heavy, so after I get my lunch, I think I will be taking myself back to bed.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:35 PM   #840
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will go with the flow and let life happen, instead of trying to make things happen. I will be content and allow myself to just be and do what I need to do for myself.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply