Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-17-2018, 09:12 AM   #166
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

FOLLOW YOUR OWN PATH

"Life is complex. Each one of us must make his own path through life. There are no self-help manuals, no formulas, no easy answers. The right road for one is the wrong road for another ... The journey of life is not paved in blacktop; it is not brightly lit, and it has no road signs. It is a rocky path through the wilderness."
-- M. Scott Peck

We each have our own pathways to develop both personally and spiritually. They are based on our character and past experiences. No one else can identify our paths for us. Tune in to your inner guidance system and follow its direction.

"What every man needs, regardless of his job or the kind of work he is doing, is a vision of what his place is and may be. He needs an objective and a purpose. He needs a feeling and a belief that he has some worthwhile thing to do. What this is no one can tell him. It must be his own creation."
-- Joseph M. Dodge

Watch yourself shift from the self-centered, controlling behaviours of the ego to the power, love and wisdom of the soul.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2018, 09:14 AM   #167
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

ORDINARY CAN BE AWESOME

"Everything in life can be nourishing. Everything can bless us, but we've got to be there for the blessing to occur. Being present with quality is a decision we are invited to make each day."
-- MacRina Wiederkehr

Spirit is not only found in holy places, prayer and meditation, yoga and retreats. It is everywhere -- in your relationships, your work, your daily chores, in nature ... if you are willing to connect deeply with your environment.

Open to connect with something and you open to its essence, its purpose and meaning. There are other dimensions of reality below what we normally see and hear. Open to the mystery.

"We live in a world of theophanies. Holiness comes wrapped in the ordinary. There are burning bushes all around you. Every tree is full of angels. Hidden beauty is waiting in every crumb. Life wants to lead you from crumbs to angels, but this can happen only if you are willing to unwrap the ordinary by staying with it long enough to harvest its treasure."
-- Macrina Wiederkehr

Is your spiritual development important to you?

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-17-2018, 09:15 AM   #168
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

SEEK YOUR LIMITS AND BEYOND

"If you're proactive, you don't have to wait for circumstances or other people to create perspective expanding experiences. You can consciously create your own."
-- Stephen Covey

Connect with the edge, the unknown, of your experience. Allow this pull towards unexplored territory to take you to new dimensions of yourself. Allow life to touch you in new ways. For this is how we truly live life. Become more alive as you grow through your consciousness barriers. Ask questions that seek answers beyond yourself. The depth of life is revealed as you go further into it.

"Nothing is lost upon a man who is bent upon growth; nothing wasted on one who is always preparing for - life by keeping eyes, mind and heart open to nature, men, books, experience - and what he gathers serves him at unexpected moments in unforeseen ways."
-- Hamilton Wright Mabie

"Nurture great thoughts, for you will never go higher than your thoughts."
--Benjamin Disraeli

Explore what blocks and how to enhance intuition.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-17-2018, 09:16 AM   #169
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

THE POWER OF SILENCE

"Growth takes place in a person by working at a deep inner level in a sustained atmosphere of silence."
-- Dr. Ira Progoff

How can we hear our wise voice of intuition if we are always thinking, talking and distracted by outer events?

If we take time daily to experience physical stillness and to direct our attention inside, we can begin to find the peace, love, will and wisdom that exist as our essence.

"Only when one is connected to one's own core is one connected to others... And, for me, the core, the inner spring, can best be refound through solitude."
-- Anne Morrow Lindbergh

"In the sweet territory of silence we touch the mystery. It's the place of reflection and contemplation, and it's the place where we can connect with the deep knowing, to the deep wisdom way."
-- Angeles Arrien

*** Step by step, progressively learn basic meditation methods to relax, concentrate, focus, reflect, contemplate and illuminate. Learn to meditate with new exercises weekly.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-17-2018, 09:18 AM   #170
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

YOU ARE BIGGER THAN YOU THINK

"He who would be serene and pure needs but one thing, detachment."
-- Meister Eckhart

We are the ocean -- vast, deep, powerful and rich. Nourishing and nurturing. Dive down into the dark stillness of being. Sense the rising and falling of surface thoughts and emotions, sometimes gentle, sometimes violent. Always shifting. Always in motion. Draw back and watch the waves of your life at play. Know you are the unfathomable depths -- surface agitations can't disturb you. Know that you are bigger than the little things that aggravate you.

"The bird of paradise alights only on the hand that does not grasp."
-- John Berry

"It's best not to get too excited or too depressed by the ups and downs of life."
-- Dalai Lama

Access your own inner wisdom by tapping into your subconscious and intuition. Release stress, blocks and negative emotions, and spark imagination and greater vision. Go deeper....

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 03-02-2018, 12:48 PM   #171
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

LOVE LIFE AND YOURSELF

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
-- Lao Tzu

There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance.

We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.

"It matters not Who you love, Where you love, Why you love, When you love, Or how you love, It matters only that you love."
-- John Lennon

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
-- Frank Scully

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 03-02-2018, 12:54 PM   #172
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

DO YOU LOVE YOURSELF?

"At the heart of personality is the need to feel a sense of being lovable without having to qualify for that acceptance."
-- Dr. Paul Tournier

How do you see yourself as unlovable?

Take a few minutes to write down why you perceive yourself to be unlovable. Look at the list and see if you can identify where those characterizations originated. Can you pinpoint old messages from parents, teachers, and friends that led you to negative conclusions about yourself? Are those messages valid today?

The beliefs we adopt as children usually don't hold when we view them objectively as adults. Can you let them go? Can you begin to see yourself as a unique expression of life, a genuine gift to the world?

"You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection."
-- Buddha

"Limitless like the ocean are your excellent qualities."
-- Dalai Lama

*** Restart building a new foundation for your life. Clear blocks and transform your life.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 03-02-2018, 12:55 PM   #173
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

THE FACE IN THE MIRROR

"Our inability to see beauty doesn’t suggest in the slightest that beauty is not there. Rather, it suggests that we are not looking carefully enough or with broad enough perspective to see the beauty."
-- Rabbi Harold Kushner

Who are you? You can gaze at your reflection in a mirror but you're not likely to see your true likeness. You are beautiful, unique, perfect. Do you see that?

The world needs you to see how whole and complete you are -- now. Can you begin to own your divinity? The world needs you to know who you really are so you can be the mirror for others.

"The sun shines not on us but in us. The rivers flow not past, but through us, thrilling, tingling, vibrating every fiber and cell of the substance of our bodies, making them glide and sing."
-- John Muir

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 03-02-2018, 12:56 PM   #174
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

BIG MIND, LITTLE MIND

"It is the mind that makes one wise or ignorant, bound or emancipated."
-- Sri Ramakrishna

Zen distinguishes big mind from small mind. Big mind identifies with its process, is impersonal and participates universally. Big mind is unlimited possibilities, deeper understanding, forgiveness, acceptance, insight, connectedness, attention.

Small mind is self centred and focuses only on itself. It is compulsive, limited, reactive and mechanical. Small mind feeds on itself -- fear reacts to fear, judgment reacts to judgment, anger sparks more anger.

Always seek higher perspectives and you will in time find freedom.

"If a pickpocket meets a Holy Man, he will see only his pockets."
-- Hari Dass

"Minds are like parachutes; they work best when open."
-- Lord Thomas Dewar

Our process is clear. First 'know yourself' - your personality and direction in life. Then 'create a plan'. Next 'heal yourself and what holds you back. Then you can expand and 'grow yourself'. Are you ready to commit to changing your life for the better?

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 03-02-2018, 12:58 PM   #175
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

THE PAST IN THE PRESENT

"If you accept a limiting belief, then it will become a truth for you."
-- Louise Hay

Pick one aspect of your life, e.g. your health, your competence, your prosperity or relationships, and think back to when you were a child. What messages about this subject did you hear from adults at that time that are still playing on your subconscious tape recorder? Messages like: "Men can't be trusted." "Money doesn't grow on trees." "You're not smart enough to succeed in business."

How is your world reflecting your beliefs back to you, today?

"There are no limitations to the self except those you believe in."
-- Seth

*** Restart building a new foundation for your life. Clear blocks and transform your life.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 03-02-2018, 12:59 PM   #176
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

SLOW DOWN AND ENJOY

"Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Racing through life is very stressful. If we stay in high gear too long, we lose our ability to shift down. And when we're stressed, we can't access happiness, appreciation, fun, compassion, generosity, awareness of beauty and other wonderful qualities. High stress also triggers negative emotions like frustration, impatience, anger and fear.

Life has so much to offer if we will slow down and truly experience it. We must always remember that we are the ones in control of the accelerator. We CAN choose to brake.

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast -- you also miss the sense of where you are going and why."
-- Eddie Cantor

Never have time for what you really want in life? Take control of the time of your life by changing your mind.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 03-02-2018, 01:01 PM   #177
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

WHAT’S IMPORTANT?

"Where you are headed is more important than how fast you are going. Rather than always focusing on what's urgent, learn to focus on what is really important."
-- Stephen Covey

Time management is all about making decisions. At each step of the way, we want to choose activities that best support what we want to do with our lives. To do this, we need to be clear about our short and long-term goals.

Here’s a general question to ask yourself often: "Is this the best use of my time in terms of meeting my goals?" Sometimes, of course, we don't have any choice. But ask yourself honestly, "Could I take more control if I really wanted to?" Often, we play the victim because we don't want to make the effort to change our behaviour.

"Time is a created thing. To say 'I don't have time,' is like saying, 'I don't want to.'"
-- Lao-Tzu

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 03-02-2018, 01:02 PM   #178
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

ARE YOU AFRAID TO BE DIFFERENT?

On the path of evolution, we move from being a willing and obedient member of the group to wanting to take control over our own lives. This is a necessary but difficult transition.

Andrew Schneider says, "At this point we are afraid of being ourselves. We are afraid of being unique and different. We are afraid of being individually powerful, and even successful. For all of these things stand against the old ways that told us that conformity was right and individualism was wrong."

"For as long as we possibly can, we make a compromise. We try to live both lives - the dependent tribal life and the independent personal life - as contradictory and opposite as they are.

"We want approval from others. We want to be accepted and popular. We seek this comfort to overcome our fear and feel more secure. ...So, at times when we conform, we don’t feel the fear of living. But we might lose the new sense of adventure, discovery, daring and enthusiasm for life that the questioning and questing have brought us."

"Nature never repeats herself, and the possibilities of one human soul will never be found in another."
-- Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:32 PM   #179
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

DID YOU FIND JOY?

"The future, higher evolution will belong to those who live in joy, who share joy, and who spread joy."
-- Torkom Saraydarian

Joy, as the energy of love, is the highest vibration on this planet. Everything in the universe is energy; it can be measured and reduced to vibrational frequencies. It’s a universal law that as we think and feel we vibrate, and as we vibrate we attract. When we are in the high joy vibration, we attract what is for our greater good.

The Ancient Egyptians saw Joy as a sacred responsibility. They believed that upon their death, the God Osiris would ask them two questions: "Did you bring Joy?" and "Did you find Joy?" Those who answered ‘yes’ could continue their journey into the afterlife.

For at least the next week or two, ask yourself these two questions each and every day:

Did I bring joy?
Did I find joy?
"Man loves because he is Love. He seeks Joy, for he is Joy. He thirsts for God for he is composed of God and he cannot exist without Him."
-- Sathya Sai Baba

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:34 PM   #180
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

SPIRITUAL PATHWAYS

"In any way that men love me in that same way they find my love: for many are the paths of men, but they all in the end come to me."
-- Song of God, Bhagavad Gita

Spirit - the life force - exists in everything. It follows, then, that ANY path, any encounter is spiritual if we have the awareness to see it as such. Going deeper, going higher, emptying, connecting, believing or disbelieving, bouncing off the bottom, experiencing the heights, in pain, in ecstasy ....

Too often, we search afar for our own purpose when it is in our lives all the time, waiting for us to express it more openly. Bring greater awareness to each encounter and situation in life. Tune in to what you are inspired to do, who you are inspired to be. Your answers are waiting for you to pay attention - every moment!

"...focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it."
-- Greg Anderson

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply