Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2014, 11:04 AM   #26
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 26

The Love of Christ

Oh holy Christ, I thank you and love you for seeing who I really am. You know things about me that I don't even know myself, for you see with the clear eye of God, and not through the psychological tangle of human emotion and self-deception as others see me and I see myself. I most especially thank you, I fall upon my knees in gratitude, that you love me despite all of the sin and ugliness you see in me. You can see my beauty and heart, also, though, and love me as nobody else possibly could.

Like a father, you love me. Like a perfect brother, you love me. Knowing that you see me so clearly, and yet love me enough to suffer torture and death to save my soul, transcends my comprehension. I would be sick with shame, except that you have forbidden it, and by the power of God forgive my wrongdoing.

I give myself to you wholly, freely; every part of me blesses you. Take me to your bosom, holy Christ; let me live your love and reflect your light, that others may see a dim reflection of your magnificence in my lowly life, and that despite my many grievous faults, I might please you by doing better today, and every day. And this I vow: I will try, at least once today, to take a step closer to you, by the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

May the grace of Christ our Savior, and the Father's boundless love, with the Holy Spirit's favor, rest upon me, and all of us, from above. Thus may we abide in union, with each other and the Lord, and possess, in sweet communion, joys which earth cannot afford. Amen.

Lord, you are my shield, my glory, and my only hope. You alone can lift my head, now bowed in shame. I cried out to the Lord, and he heard me from his Holy Temple. Then I lay down and slept in peace and woke up safely, for the Lord was watching over me. And now, although ten thousand enemies surround me on every side, I am not afraid. Salvation comes from God. Jesus is my Lord! What joys he gives to all his people. Amen

Dear Lord, help me to leave space in my days for quiet growth, for new ideas, for dreams and insights, for new perspectives and directions, for listening for Your quiet voice, and sensing Your will for me. ... Let me not limit my quiet time with You, lest I miss out on what Your Holy Spirit has uniquely for me! ... Let me not be afraid if I feel becalmed; let me learn to wait until the breath of the Holy Spirit fills my sails and I set forth on a course, secure in the knowledge that it is the one You have chosen for me.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Heavenly Father, I pray that I may not be so occupied in expressing my judgment of others, that I will forget to live in thy judgment myself. May I have the compassion for others that I hope to receive from thee. Amen.

God our Father, each of us can rejoice at all that is good about ourselves. We ask that we may be people who encourage others, being ready to give praise and thanks when they are due. We ask, too, that you help each of us today to work on changing for the better just one thing that is negative in the way we live. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you that You care for me. Forgive me when I fail to trust You and try to take matters in my own hands. Lord, I know that You have the best plan for my life. Please give me the grace to accept it and to do the things that You are speaking to me about each day. Lord, help me to be patient as You work in other people's lives that affect mine. May I extend to them the same grace and mercy that You have extended to me. Lord, grant me the grace to change the things in my life that are not pleasing to You. I do delight in You, knowing that Your plan for my life is being worked out according to Your will and not mine. I ask this in the name of Jesus, my Lord. Amen.

O Lord our God, grant that we may have fellowship with you every day. May our hearts be ready to fulfill your commandments and to do what you want in all things. Hear our prayer. Hear and answer when we pray for the nations, for the whole world, and let your holy will be done. Remember all who are in distress, and lead them on the right way. May we go with joyful hearts wherever you lead us. Your name will be our help, your glory will come, and the world will be full of your love, your power, and your splendor. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply