Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-01-2019, 06:07 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - October

October 1

“No good thing will the Lord withhold from those who do what is right” (Psalm 84:11).

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.

"Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually." 1 Chronicles 16:11

Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord. Psalm 31:24

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer...Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Romans 12:12,15

... let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. - Hebrews 12:1

Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone, everywhere. Mark 16:15

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2019, 05:36 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 2

Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 9:10

Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my shepherd. I lack nothing.

But when you do merciful deeds, don't let your left hand know what your right hand does, so that your merciful deeds may be in secret, then your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. - Matthew 6:3-4

Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord. – Leviticus 19:18

But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. —Psalm 5:11

Titus 2:14 NIV Jesus Christ gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:55 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 3

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10a – Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up.

“Don’t get tired of doing what is good. Don’t get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time” (Galatians 6:9).

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. — Proverbs 12:18

1 John 4:21 NIV And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:07 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 4

Hebrews 13:8 – Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Romans 10:17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.

John 7:38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

There is a time for everything. He has made everything beautiful in its time. I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. Ecclesiastes 3:1, 11, 14

Cast all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you. - 1 Peter 5:7
Old 10-05-2019, 08:04 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 5

The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes His steps. (ESV) Proverbs 16:9

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. — Hebrews 13:8

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. —Isaiah 9:6
Old 10-06-2019, 07:36 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 6

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38-39

Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. ?—1 Thessalonians 5:18

1 Peter 5:6-11 6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. 10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11 To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.

Isaiah 26:4 “Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal.”
Old 10-07-2019, 08:39 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 7

In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus. Philippians 2:5

No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is Himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made Him known. — John 1:18

3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. Hebrews 1:3

Matthew 4:1-11 Jesus Is Tested in the Wilderness
4 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.” 4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” 5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written: “‘He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’” 7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’” 8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.” 10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’” 11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

Hebrews 4:16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

I lift up my eyes to the mountains- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. – Psalm 121:1-2

'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.' Matthew 19:26

2 Thessalonians 3:5 NIV May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance.

Ephesians 4:26-32 26 “In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 and do not give the devil a foothold. 28 Anyone who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need. 29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:26 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 8

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation. -- 2 Corinthians 5:17,18

Better a little with righteousness than much gain with injustice. Proverbs 16:8

John 14:6 – Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, that you, always having all sufficiency in everything, may abound to every good work. - 2 Corinthians 9:8

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. —Hebrews 13:8
Old 10-09-2019, 06:21 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 9

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

Psalm 25:21 (NIV) Let integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in You.

Thought: Facing temptation? Ask God for help.

Psalm 91:4 – He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge.

“Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance” (James 1:2-3 NIV).

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. ?—1 John 1:9 NKJV

John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Give us today our daily bread. – Matthew 6:11

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for him to act. Psalm 37:7

Deuteronomy 13:4 “It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him.”
Old 10-10-2019, 07:04 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 10

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. Isaiah 55:8

Jeremiah 33:3 (NIV) Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. — Colossians 3:16

1 Peter 4:10 10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.

Psalm 19:14 May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:03 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 11

1 Peter 2:21 21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

"The Lord your God is with you. The mighty One will save you. The Lord will be happy with you. You will rest in his love. He will sing and be joyful about you." ?—Zephaniah 3:17

Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. Ecclesiastes 4:12

Psalm 62:1-2 1 Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. 2 Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:57 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 12

John 4:13-14 13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

James 4:10 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

I live my life in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

1 Corinthians 15:57 NIV But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

However, as it is written: What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived — the things God has prepared for those who love him. 1 Corinthians 2:9
Old 10-13-2019, 05:56 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 13

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had. Romans 15:5

1 John 3:23-24 23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

When the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Galatians 5:22-23

1 John 4:13-15 NIV We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God.

Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 10-14-2019, 07:58 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 14

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:12-13 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things" (Phil. 4:8).

2 Samuel 22:29 29 You, LORD, are my lamp; the LORD turns my darkness into light.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:13 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 15

Luke 6:38 "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." ?—John 14:6

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

2 Samuel 7:22 ““How great you are, Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”
Post New ThreadReply