Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2022, 06:37 AM   #16
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 15

Sarum Primer Prayer

God be in my head
and in my understanding;
God be in my eyes
and in my looking;
God be in my mouth
and in my speaking;
God be in my heart
and in my thinking;
God be in my end
and at my departing.

-- Author Unknown, c. 1514
(the Sarum Primer of 1514, which was a book of prayers that was collected by the clergy at Salisbury Cathedral in the South-central part of England)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Strength comes from coming to believe in a Higher Power that can help you.

You might not be able to define this Higher Power, but you can see how it helps other alcoholics. You hear them talk about it and you begin to get the idea yourself. You try praying in a quiet time each morning and you begin to feel stronger, as though your prayers were heard. So you gradually come to believe there must be a Power in the world outside of yourself, which is stronger than you and which you can turn to for help.

So ............

Am I receiving strength from my faith in a Higher Power?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

My Truth

I believe that in order to discover spirituality in our lives, we need to confront the "disease", that destructive and negative side of our lives. We need to make the disease work for us!

For too many years I tried to avoid and deny my alcoholism. I wanted to recover by osmosis! I did not want to get my hands dirty with the reality of my suffering but rather I wanted a "miracle" --- really magic --- to make everything different from what it had been for years. I did not want to face my pain! But it does not work that way. If I am to get well, I need to confront my disease, smell my disease, hold my disease, pull and tug at the disease in my life. Why? Because it is mine. I need to be in touch with my disease if I am ever going to make the necessary changes. I need to make my disease work for me --- that is spirituality.

(from the writings of Leo Booth)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shared Gift

Faith is more than our greatest gift; its sharing with others is our greatest responsibility. May we of A.A. continually seek the wisdom and the willingness by which we may well fulfill that immense trust which the Giver of all perfect gifts has placed in our hands.

"As Bill Sees It" Page 13

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you.” ~ Mary Lou Retton

We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply